Finding a qualified wrongful death lawyer in Philadelphia can be challenging. We understand the distress your situation causes and work hard to make sure you receive the compensation you are due.
If you are looking for a wrongful death lawyer in Philadelphia, Villari, Brandes & Giannone is your first choice. Our experienced attorneys have both a track record of success, and are always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
If you have suffered the loss of a loved one as a result of someone’s negligence, call one of the wrongful death lawyers in Philadelphia at Villari, Brandes & Giannone now. Time may be of the essence in protecting your legal rights. Contact us today for a free case evaluation!
Pennsylvania Wrongful Death Laws:
- If a spouse is living but there are no parents or children, then the spouse is given the entire estate.
- If there is a spouse and the parents are living with no children involved, then the entire estate is given to the spouse.
- If there is a spouse and children, then the spouse takes 50% of the estate. If the children are the spouse’s, the spouse also takes $30,000. If the children are not the spouse’s, the spouse only takes half of the estate. The children divide the remainder equally as long as they are all of the same generation.
- If there are children but no spouse, the children take the estate in its entirety. Shares are divided equally between the children of the same generation.
- If there is no spouse, children, or parents, the personal representative can collect damages on behalf of the deceased for hospital, nursing, medical, and funeral expenses.
- When children of different generations are involved, it gets more complicated. Intestacy laws for children of different generations includes: The estate is divided into as many shares as there are living members of the nearest generation to the deceased, including deceased children who left behind children of their own. The share of each deceased person in the same generation is divided among his or her descendants in the same manner.